The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has debunked reports that the Department of State Security ( DSS ) invited a National Commissioner or any top electoral official
A section of the media reported on Tuesday morning that the National Commissioner on Logistics, Dr Okechukwu Ibeanu, for questioning.
But INEC’s National Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakbubu, said there was nothing like that.
He warned politicians on the need to be cautious in their utterances so as not to heat up the polity.
Yabuku spoke while giving updates on INEC preparation to stakeholders in Abuja.
He also declared the commission has successfully deployed all the materials to states across the federation.
He also revealed that 95 percent of the Smart Card Readers have been reconfigured ahead of the scheduled time, adding that the remaining 5 percent will be concluded by Wednesday.
He also said it was not true that one of the suppliers of the Smart Cars Readers was involved in the configuration process, stressing that the configuration was done entirely by the staff of the commission.
The INEC boss also said that the commission has not received any complaint of any missing result sheets from any part of the nation.